1.What are Warranted Items and Respective Warranty Periods?
Codey Rocky Limited Warranty
|Special Components (Lithium-ion battery, Motor,
Color Sensor, Track, USB cable)
|Others (color card, sling, etc.)||No applicable to this Limited Warranty. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts upon
Airblock Warranted Parts and Period
|Main Control Module||One Year|
|Battery||Six Months (damage to battery shell during use is not included)|
|Power Modules, Hovercraft Base
and Protective Covers
|No applicable to this Limited Warranty. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts upon receiving.|
Attention 1: Power modules are consumable parts, so they are not applicable to Free Repairs. Users could simply purchase new power modules to replace the damages during use.
Makeblock Limited Warranty
|Product Category||Warranty Period|
|Electronic Modules||1 Year|
|Batteries||Six Months (damage to battery shell during use is
|Others (Mechanical parts, consumable parts etc.)||No applicable to this Limited Warranty. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts upon
Attention 1: This Limited Warranty applies to most of Makeblock Products, including mBot, mBot Ranger, Starter, Ultimate2.0, XY Plotter, LaserBot, mGiraffe, Neuron, Electronic Parts, Motors etc. If you are not sure whether this warranty policy is applicable to your product, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention 2: The Consumable parts are including but not limited to screws, screwdrivers, RJ25 cables, case material packages.
2. After-sales Warranty Procedure
Note1: If you purchase the product through authorized distributor, please contact the customer service by the authorized distributor first. If the distributor cannot fix the issue, please contact Makeblock Technical Support for help referring to the above chart.
Note 2: If you purchase it from Makeblock Amazon official store and want to replace the entire kit, please
contact Amazon Service Representative.
3. What are Warranty Policies?
- Replacement: With respect to any defective product for which Makeblock has been notified of the defect within seven calendar days since the date you receive the product, Makeblock will, at Makeblock’ discretion, offer you free of charge a replacement the same product or a latest product with equivalent performance after confirmed the defect by Makeblock or the third party testing laboratories. The replaced item becomes Makeblock’s property.
Note: Makeblock will cover two-way shipping fee when replacement occurs.
- Replenishment: If you find out any missing parts of your products within seven calendar days since the date you receive the product, Makeblock will ship you free of charge missing products or components after confirmed by Makeblock or the third party testing laboratories.
- Repairs: During the Warranty Period, if you find any performance issue with the product which is covered by this Limited Warranty, Makeblock will provide free service to repair or replace defective components after confirmed the issue by Makeblock or the third-party testing laboratories and Makeblock will undertake one-way logistics cost. Regarding the quality issue found at the product which does not apply to free repairs, Makeblock will provide charged repair service to the product after confirmed by Makeblock or the third-party testing laboratories. The charge may vary according to the specific products and the damage level.Note: Regarding the repaired or replaced product, it shall be warranted for two months after the date Makeblock shipped it. If the original product remaining Warranty Period is more than two months, it shall
apply to the original Warranty Period.
4. What is not covered by This Limited Warranty?
This limited warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
(1) any failure of the product due to does not match the national related standards in the operating environment, including but not limited to overvoltage, overcurrent, lightning, extreme high temperature, extreme high humidity, vibration,
(2) external causes such as earthquake, fire
(3) unexpected factors or human behaviors such as liquid contact, abuse, oxidation, rust
(4) failure to follow the product instructions to install, use, maintain, store
(5) unauthorized modify, decompose, and assemble the product
(6) transportation or storage when the purchaser ship the product back to Makeblock
(7) including but not limited to other non-design, technical, manufacture, quality issue.
5. Special Notes
The packing of the product, free gifts, consumable parts, and mechanical parts are not applying to this Limited Warranty. If you find any damage upon receiving, Makeblock will provide you with free replacement. Please check timely the product after the receipt thereof. Makeblock will charge certain
fees if you would add packaging, accessories or require refurbishment service.
Regarding the warranty issue of products purchasing from China, Makeblock will cover the shipping cost occurred in China, and you need to pay the freight from China customs to your house when Makeblock send the replaced or repaired products back to you.
None of any warranty service made by an authorized distributor is covered by this warranty policy, and Makeblock shall not be held liable. In order to receive any benefits from the distributor’s warranty and/or other policies, please keep any documents obtained during the purchase.
“Replacement/Warranty Period” are available from the day you receive the product. Please keep the receipt during the purchase.
In terms of discontinued products or the products which are going to be discontinued, Makeblock will publish relevant announcement and inform authorized distributors to notify customers the deadline of the Warranty Period. Makeblock and its authorized distributors will terminate the warranty service after the deadline of the Warranty Period.
The Limited Warranty does not apply to products that were resold by unauthorized resellers.
Note: You are suggested to contact us via email email@example.com anytime if you have questions about Makeblock products, we will be glad to reply you.
HOW CONSUMER LAW RELATES TO THIS WARRANTY THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). OTHER THAN AS PERMITTED BY LAW, MAKEBLOCK DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE, INCLUDING THOSE THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE NONCONFORMITY OF A SALES CONTRACT. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, PROVINCE OR STATE.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS SUBJECT TO CONSUMER LAW TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. MAKEBLOCK DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, MAKEBLOCK LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT MAKEBLOCK’S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED BELOW. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Remarks: Makeblock reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to interpret, modify and amend this warranty policy at any time.